Use the international size charts below for men’s suits, jackets, coats and pants.
Size chart: Suit jackets, blazers and coats
This table helps you find the correct size for men’s suits, jackets and coats, including American, English, European/EU, Russian, Japanese and Korean sizes. Note that the European sizes can be used for Italian, French, Spanish, German, Swedish, Dutch and Portuguese clothing. The UK size also applies to Australian clothing.
|Europe / EU||40||42||44||46||48||50||52||54||56||58||60|
Find the perfect suit jacket fit
A well-fitted suit jacket should fit snugly but comfortably around your shoulders and chest, with no visible pulling or bunching in the fabric. It should also follow the natural contours of your body without being too tight or restrictive. Here are some specific guidelines to ensure a good fit:
- The shoulders should fit snugly, with the seams lining up with the edges of your shoulders. If the shoulder pads extend beyond your natural shoulder line or if there is bunching or pulling around the shoulder area, the jacket is too big or small.
- The chest of the jacket should fit comfortably, with enough room to move your arms freely. You should be able to easily button the jacket without any pulling or gaping.
- The jacket length should end around the middle of your palm, with the bottom edge of the jacket falling just below the beltline.
- The sleeves should end at your wristbone, with about a half-inch of shirt cuff showing.
This table helps you complete size conversions for American and European/EU sizes for men’s pants/trousers.
Find the perfect suit pants
Suit pants should fit well and be comfortable while looking stylish. Here are some general guidelines:
- The waistband should fit snugly without being too tight or too loose. You should be able to fit one or two fingers between the waistband and your skin.
- The pants should be long enough to cover your socks and the top of your shoes. However, they should not be so long that they bunch up at the bottom.
- The “break” refers to the crease or fold that forms at the bottom of your pant leg where it meets your shoe. For a classic look, the break should be minimal, with the pant leg just touching the top of the shoe.
- Your pants should fit comfortably around your thighs, hips, and buttocks. They should drape smoothly and not bunch up or wrinkle.
Dress shirt sizes
This table helps you complete size conversion for men’s dress shirts covering American, English, European and Japanese sizing.
American dress shirt sizes require two measurements. The first is the neck size, the other is the length of the sleeve, both measured in inches. European dress shirts only require two measurements, the neck size. as the sleeves ar at a standard length.
|System||Dress shirt sizes, neck size|
|Europe / EU||36||37||38||39||41||42||43||44||45|
Please note that these charts are only a guide to clothing sizes. and that the sizes may vary between different brands.