This is a great guide how to measure your bra size, find the perfect band and cup size, and how to convert your bra size to international sizes.
Find the right band size
To find your band size, put on a non-padded bra that fits you well. Find a measuring tape, and stand in front of a mirror. Wrap the tape around your body just underneath your bust. The measuring tape should be horizontal to the floor, and quite snug.
The measurement in inches is your band size. If it’s an odd number, round down to the nearest even number.
To find your bust size, measure around the fullest part of your breasts. Take this measurement and subtract the band measurement, e.g. if you measure 31 underneath your breasts, and 34 around, the result is 34-31 = 3. Use the result to find your cup size here:
Cup size = Bust size – Band size:
0 = AA
<1 = A
1 = B
2 = C
3 = D
4 = DD
5 = DDD/E
6 = F
7 = G
8 = H
Please note that this guide only gives you an estimate to your bra size, as sizes may vary between different bra manufacturers.
Convert to international cup size
Use this table to convert your cup size into international sizes.
Convert to international band size
Use this table to convert your bra band size into international sizes.
Japanese bra sizes are the same as European sizes, but the cup size are often written first, e.g. C75 instead of 75C.
Find the right bra fit
- The band should fit comfortably around your ribcage, without being too tight or too loose. You should be able to fit one or two fingers under the band, but not more than that.
- The cups should fully contain your breasts without any spillage or gaping. They should also be smooth without any wrinkles or bulges.
- If your bra has an underwire, it should sit flat against your ribcage and not dig into your skin or breast tissue.
- The center gore, the part of the bra that sits between your breasts, should lie flat against your chest, without any gaps or digging in.
- The straps should be adjusted so that they sit comfortably on your shoulders without digging in or slipping off. They should also not be too tight or too loose.